Junior Apprentice Position at The Quiet Botanist
Hours: 10 / Wk
Days: Weekend Work Required. At least (1) Closing Shift Required. Friday Hours and other Weekday Shifts based on the shop schedule and required assistance with special projects or off site work.
Local with access to a vehicle and valid drivers license.
At least 18 yrs of age, with plans to stay in the Hudson or surrounding area, where the commute is not an issue.
High School Education or Higher
Reference for 3 most recent or relevant work experiences
Ideally this person(s) will be comfortable with taking direct tasks and directions, but also is a person who has an eye for details. Spotting items that need to be restocked, items that are selling through quickly, trash cans that need to be emptied, cardboard boxes that need to be broken down stored for disposal.
Person must be friendly with all guests that come into the shop and personable. Positive approach and attitude to all customers and patrons.
Confident: Confident in your ability to find the answers to a question from a client or guest among your team members, or to say ‘I will check on this and get back to you’
Reliable: You’re where you are when you say you will be. You clearly communicate changes in anticipation of impacting how the shop runs and how your teammates can work effectively.
Trustworthy: You can be trust to see a task through, and trusted to look out for the best interest of the business and your team at all times.
Punctual: You are on-time or early, never late!
Considerate: You think about how your actions will positively or negatively impact your teammates before acting.
Good background to pull from:
- Retail experience in either fashion or boutique businesses
- Restaurant experience, with great memory recall for a variety of orders and the ability to multitask.
- Art + Design: Florals are a plus, but fashion, painting, graphic design or even merchandising is a benefit here
- Strategic thinker: Can you put forward ideas on how to arrange product or promotions to implement. We want a team that values the input and ideas of all our team members.
Duties + Responsibilities:
Working alongside our Junior Shop Associate to learn the ropes and full duties of a Full time Associate here with us.
You will learn:
- How to make dried floral arrangements for our best selling mini and petit bouquet concepts
- How to properly wrap and label bouquets for display and online orders.
- Learn about the variety of dried flowers, how they are sold, were they come from and how we source them
- How to navigate and check out customers on the in house POS system
- How to perform mobile checkout
- How to check out custom sales and orders
- How we pack and ship out web orders
- How to restock inventory and product on the floor
- Assist Shop Guests in navigating the products available for purchase, answering any questions they might have. Or referring to another staff member when you cannot find the applicable answer.
- Support the lead florist in batch production of mini’s petits or standard bouquets sold through our website online and in store.
- Shop Upkeep: Light cleaning, sweeping of the shop and front alley routinely, checking for dusty shelves or retail displays, making sure trash cans in the shop are tidy and replaced when necessary.
- Accept inventory and deliveries to the store
- Run errands for the shop and team: Local deliveries, Meal Pickups and Post Office Runs are common
- Assist with Store changeovers and organization at the direction of the General Manager and Store Owner