We are looking for a kind, curious, upbeat person to join our team at The Quiet Botanist. We are a shop selling dried florals, clean beauty products, and thoughtful objects for home and garden. As a small group of “botanists,” we love all things design, flowers, and creating beautiful arrangements and spaces. With our upcoming expansion into an adjacent retail space, we need flexible and helpful go-getters who are able to help with the overall operations in a variety of ways.
This is an entry-level position in the shop. Our expectations include an eagerness to assist with tasks small and large, a willingness to learn new things, and ability to create a warm, welcoming environment with customers. Communication skills are essential, as is a positive attitude.
The responsibilities of the position include:
- Receiving shipments and organizing flowers
- Stocking the store and taking inventory
- Packing orders and facilitating pickups with UPS and USPS
- Using our Point of Sale system (Shopify) and assisting customers, as needed
- Assisting with custom orders and collaborations
- Supporting the manager and completing tasks such as organizing, labeling, tidying, and wrapping
- Maintaining a clean and organized environment for the customers
- Wildcrafting and foraging
- Running errands, as needed
These responsibilities will continue to evolve, and so flexibility and camaraderie are important as we try to find the right person to join our team. Please send resumes and cover letters to email@example.com with “Job Application” in the subject line. We will be in touch with qualified candidates within the next few weeks to schedule an interview. We look forward to hearing from you!