Junior Position at The Quiet Botanist
We are looking for a kind, curious, upbeat person to join our floral team at The Quiet Botanist. We are a shop selling dried florals, clean beauty products, and thoughtful objects for home and garden. As a small group of “botanists,” we love all things design and flowers, and creating beautiful arrangements and spaces. As we begin our second year, we are looking for flexible, helpful, and creative go-getters who are able to help us meet the high demand of our dried flower arrangement sales.
Training or experience with flower arranging is not a requirement, but we do place high value on creativity, an aesthetic eye, and strong design sense. An ability to learn quickly and work independently is a must. Our expectations include an eagerness to assist with tasks small and large, a willingness to learn new things, and ability to create a warm, welcoming environment with customers. Communication skills are essential, as is a positive attitude.
As we are a small business, we all wear a number of hats and participate in the daily upkeep required to run a tidy and organized shop. The responsibilities of the position also include:
- Receiving shipments and organizing flowers
- Stocking the store and taking inventory
- Packing orders and facilitating pickups with UPS and USPS
- Using our Point of Sale system (Shopify) and assisting customers, as needed
- Assisting with custom orders and collaborations
- Supporting the manager and completing tasks such as organizing, labeling, tidying, and wrapping
- Maintaining a clean and organized environment for the customers
These responsibilities will continue to evolve, and so flexibility and camaraderie are important as we try to find the right person to join our team. Please send resumes and cover letters to email@example.com with “Job Application” in the subject line. Please note we are located in Hudson, NY – this is Upstate and not in the city. We will be in touch with qualified candidates within the next few weeks to schedule an interview. We look forward to hearing from you!